A beloved family pet can be an important point of stability for families experiencing homelessness - some families would rather stay on the street than have to permanently give up an animal. Family Promise recognizes this, and while there's no way to keep pets with families during their stay, the pets can at least be kept safe and loved until the family has permanent housing again. You can help in two ways.
If you don't have space for a fostered pet, you can still help:
- Donate dog food, cat food, bowls, grooming supplies, toys, leashes, etc.
- Offer or donate for medical services: vaccinations, spay/neuter, flea treatment, deworming, etc.
- Offer Emergency 3 day Kennel during transition between family and foster
- Donate your time to groom or donate clippers, towels, shampoo
- Donate time to pick up animal from a foster to walk, take to dog park or day house to visit with family