Safety Complaints

Common Neighborhood Safety Complaints

May 17, 2017 - 17:29

In any neighborhood, residents may want to report safety issues, but don't know who to call. If someone's health or property is in immediate danger, call 9-1-1.

Report street light outages

Visit or call 316-268-4501

Neighborhood Nuisances

To report tall grass and weeds (8.01.135), outside storage of salvage and junk materials (7.40.080), unmaintained or vacant buildings, visit: or call:
Abandoned Vehicles: 316-268-8351
Aggressive Dog Report: 316-350-3360
Tall Grass and Weeds: 316-660-9220
Water Leaks or Sewer Stoppages: 316-262-6000

If you see cars regularly speeding or ignoring stop signs at a particular location, notify the WPD Neighborhood Oriented Traffic Enforcement.

If you have an Apple or Android smartphone, you can also install the Wichita Report app.

Barking Dog Complaints (courtesy WPD Facebook)

If you do not know information about the dog owner, you will need to call 911 while the dog is barking to report the noise complaint. You will be asked to sign a complaint to press charges. Environmental Services cannot initiate charges without a signed complaint. You could be called to Environmental Court to testify.

If you have information about the owner, you can call the Case Desk at 316-268-4221 to make a report over the phone. You may also want to download a Barking Dog Complaint Packet.

To file a complaint with Environmental Services

  1. File a police report, retain case number.
  2. Go to 1900 E. 9th to file a complaint.
  3. Furnish a sworn affidavit, notaries are available on premises.
  4. Furnish list of witnesses and addresses if applicable to be subpoenaed for environmental court.
  5. Attend court date.

President | ΒΆ |